Mexican Sweet Corn Cake
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
1/2 cup butter, softened (use real butter, not margarine)
1/3 cup masa harina (I bought mine at our local grocery store in the Mexican food section)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup corn meal
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp milk or cream
1 can corn, undrained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, masa harina, 1/4 cup
water, and milk in a medium sized bowl and beat until creamy.
2. Add corn meal, sugar, salt, and baking powder on top of the creamed
butter mixture and use a fork or whisk to lightly whisk just the dry
ingredients together. Beat the entire mixture until smooth.
3. Place corn and liquid from can in food processor and pulse until
roughly broken up. Add to bowl and mix until
4. Boil a tea pot full of water. Spread mixture in an ungreased 8x8
square pan and top with foil.
5. Bake for about 55 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.
For my son's 6th birthday party, we threw a Mario Party. We made invitations, cut from a template I made from toadstool napkins. ...
Lately, my four-year-old has been giving me fits. He won't eat his food and he tries to snack all day long. All conversations end octave...
So, I was looking through one of my recipe books the other day, and I came across a recipe for braided danish coffee cake. It looked pretty ...
We did the baby shower for my sister-in-law, Brenda. She is carrying the first granddaughter my parents will have, so of course there is ...
This recipe is a labor of love. I say that because it has come about over several years of trying, testing, tweaking, and changing. This is ...
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (72)
My Favorite Reads
- Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook
- Deceptively Delicious
- Giada's Kitchen New Italian Favorites
- Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- Martha Stewart's Hors D'Oeuvres Handbook
- The Art & Soul of Baking
- The Bon Appetit Cookbook
- The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics
- Williams-Sonoma Cooking at Home